Friday, August 18, 2023

A New Logo + A Victorian Inspired Monogram

Hi all, 

I have just finished creating a new logo. It was fun to create a crest which was just for me, using all the colours and symbolism I find important. I was initially going to include a paint palette but wanted to simplify things, so I left it off. Maybe that symbol will make its way into another artwork, in time!

 

Draft ideas
 

Originally the logo had a naive hand painted text style, however I thought that I might go for something more formal, perhaps in the style of a Victorian monogram.  The text is still handpainted and I have used the colours from the draft version.

Logo with monogram

Creating Victorian style letters

The logo was created completely by hand (except the text on the banner), then digitized in Photoshop.

I had fun doing this and hope to do more and incorporate more monograms into my design work.

I hope you like.

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of Something New...

Dear all, Sorry it has been such a long time since I have posted here.   Just an update on the shop - my ETSY is currently closed - sorry fo...