Saturday, February 24, 2024

Nut, Egyptian Goddess of the Sky

 Hello!

It's been awhile since I have posted here but I haven't forgotten!

I recently completed this artwork, entitled "Made of Stars" -

 




Nut is the Egyptian Mother Goddess of the sky, stars, cosmos, mothers, astronomy, and the universe in the ancient Egyptian religion, she is usually seen  as a star-covered nude woman arching over the Earth (Wikipedia). This artwork depicts Nut as a gigantic benevolent deity, protective of the Earth and the cosmos as though it was her child. Find her here.
 

 

This new painting compliments, an older (and larger) work of Nut I completed in 2021 titled "Nut Egyptian Goddess.  Here I wanted to portray her as a giant protective deity, as much "Earthy" as she is a sky being and linking both. Find her here.

 Both artworks are very dear to me! I would love to sell them to great people!

"Nut Egyptian Goddess", did not photograph well, so coming soon will be a digital version (Procreate) of the painting that I hope to offer soon.

Stay tuned x

PS. I have listed many abstract works in the shop over the last few days, you can check them out here.




More to come, soon!

Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of Something New...

Dear all, Sorry it has been such a long time since I have posted here.   Just an update on the shop - my ETSY is currently closed - sorry fo...